As you can imagine, we receive a lot of applications for our program. We review every one, but here are some tips to help your resume rise to the top of the pile.
- Write a cover letter and tell us why you’re interested in sales. We’d like to know why you’re really passionate about this opportunity. Tell us how you love making an impact and helping people.
- Update your resume to include any relevant work or volunteer experience, and use a clean format so your information is easy to read. Include any sales courses, work experience, accomplishments, and leadership experience in student clubs. Make sure you make it relevant to the job description and the information is easy to read. Feel free to use a well designed resume template and personalize it.
- Get a friend to review your resume and cover letter before you submit it. After we’ve looked at our cover letter and resume for the 14th time, we tend not to see typos and other errors any longer. A fresh look at your application can help you fix those errors before you hit send. Then, don’t forget to buy your friend a latte (or a treat) for helping out.
- Check the closing date for your application and apply early. You don’t want to miss the closing date for your dream job!
- Join our newsletter list to get updates, career advice and success stories delivered right to your inbox. Our newsletter will help place future opportunities in front of you and remind you about those closing dates. You’ll also get great advice about your sales career from our experts and coaches. It's easy to sign up - go to the bottom of this page and enter your email address.
- Check your email spam folders to see if you receive an email from us. Sometimes emails get trapped in your spam folder. When you’re searching for a job, make sure you check it often just in case.
Finally, relax and sit tight. You’ve done your best. There is often a lot of competition for these spots, but if it looks like you could be a good fit, we’d love to offer you an interview. If you don’t hear from us, don’t despair. Stay on the email list and submit an application again when you see a future opportunity you like.